Looking for cheap gyms in Seoul? Consider this fitness club chain that offers 1, 3, 6, and 12-month membership starting at ₩88,000 or $72! (New users get extra ₩3,000 or $3 off first booking 🎉)
🔔 ANNOUNCEMENTS 🔔
GOTO Fitness gyms are open and ready to accept new members.
Work Out in Seoul: Gyms with Free Weights, Classes, & More
Where’s the best place to work out in Seoul? I remember asking my colleague this question when I first moved to Korea. I inquired about clubs like Gold’s Gym, Fitness First, and even Anytime Fitness, and he told me that one of them actually tried to set up business in Korea but failed. His guess was that these global franchises charged higher than what the average gym does in Seoul, which didn’t work for their benefit. But the good news is that there’s a couple of similar well-established gyms in Seoul that you can visit for a few months to a year! Whether you’re just getting ready to relocate to Korea or have long settled in, you can sign up for these locations where locals and expats work out:
1. 4TP Fitness (Seocho-gu, Seoul)
Owned by Korean-American singer Brian Joo, 4TP Fitness is a mega workout arena located in Seocho-gu (part of the greater Gangnam area). 4TP is not a chain since they only have one location, but it’s a suitable site for CrossFit, kickboxing, MMA, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and applied fitness. If you’re looking for exciting and dynamic ways to get a high-intensity workout, then this is the perfect place for you. Oh, and they have English-speaking trainers as well if you’re looking for one!
Here’s some more information:
- Membership rates: ₩280,000 for 1 month & ₩730,000 for 3 months (estimate from 10mag.com)
- Address: 14-5 Gomurae-ro, Banpo 4(sa)-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Hours: First class starts at 6am and the last one is at at 8:30pm. (You can get the latest schedule on their website.)
- Website: 4tpfitness.com
- Contact: 02-6925-0909
2. GOTO Fitness (>25 locations in Seoul)
GOTO Fitness is a gym chain in Korea that not only has locations in Seoul but also in Gyeonggi-do & Busan. As of publish time, they have 50 branches in total, and more than half of them is in the capital. To name a couple, there’s a GOTO Fitness in the City Hall (near Myeongdong), Gangnam, Seocho-gu, Guro Digital Complex, Seoul National University, and Yongsan. This is actually the place where I go to (since most of my colleagues work out here!), and I am very satisfied. I was a member of Gold’s Gym for 5 years, and I can say that they’re very similar in terms of equipment, layout, and service — if not better!
Here’s more information:
|GOTO FITNESS |
|REGULAR FEE||RATES ON WAUG|
- Branches: See the full list here.
- Hours: Weekdays from 6am-12am, Saturdays from 6am-8pm, and Sundays from 10am-8pm (may vary per branch)
- Website: GOTO Fitness Free Pass
- Other benefits:
- Free Pass for 1, 3, or 6 months: visit one (1) GOTO Fitness Branch of your choice
- Free Pass for 12 months: visit any of the 50+ GOTO Fitness branches nationwide (except for Jeongneung URBAN and Banpo SUB Smart Gym)
- G.X. Program or Classes (Group Exercise)
- Online Home Training Program
- Healing Zone Usage
- Sportswear rental worth ₩66,000 per year (offered exclusively on WAUG!)
- Locker and shower room access (with towels)
- Activate your membership within 60 days after booking.
For a more detailed guide on GOTO Fitness gyms in Seoul, also read: LOOK: Gym in Korea With Affordable Membership Fee
3. Beneider Fitness (>30 branches nationwide)
If you are living in Sinchon or looking for a gym near Sogang, Ehwa, and Yonsei, then this one is perfect for you! The newly-opened Beneider Fitness features premium cardio and weight training zones to help you achieve your fitness goals. You can get a 3-month or a 10-month pass, which gives you access to the gym as well as shower and workout clothes. You may also sign up for Beneider’s popular PT program, which is offered by accomplished trainers and models.
|BENEIDER FITNESS |
|RATES ON WAUG|
|PT Voucher (10 sessions)||₩299,000|
4. Samsung Leports Center
If you’re thinking if this gym in Seoul is connected with the global electronics brand Samsung — yes, it is! Samsung Leports Center (or Samsung Lions Leisure Sports Center) in Korea is possibly one of the largest gyms in Seoul, and they’re fully equipped with all the machines that you’ll need for cardio and exercising. They also have an indoor pool, a nice bowling alley, and golf facilities, which just proves that they are indeed a leisure + sports center that friends and families can enjoy!
- Membership rates: ₩4,250,000 for a 1-year gold pass (estimate from 10mag.com)
- Location: 76-21 Seocho-daero 64-gil, Seocho-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Hours: Gym facilities are available from 5:30am-11pm on weekdays and 5:30am-9pm on weekends.
- Website: ssleports.com/index.php
How to Book GOTO Fitness Gym in Seoul
If you’re unfamiliar with booking gym passes and other activities online, here are the 6 simple steps to get a GOTO Fitness Free Pass on WAUG:
- Log in or sign up for WAUG here. (New users get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount! 🎉)
- Click here to go to the booking page of GOTO Fitness.
- Select the date and provide other participant information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for the SMS confirmation that you’ll present on the branch that you plan to visit first.
- Download the WAUG app so you can access the reservation details that the GOTO Staff will need to get you registered in their system.
Is your method-of-payment issued in South Korea? You can switch the page’s currency to KRW to activate the local card processor and see other payment options, like mobile payment!
GOTO Fitness Gyms in Seoul
Here are the branches in Seoul that you can visit when you book your Free Pass on WAUG:
- Bangbae-dong (고투 방배점)
- Banghwa-dong (고투 방화점)
- Boramae (고투 보라매점 스마트케어)
- Cheongdam (고투 청담점)
- City Hall (고투 시청점 near Myeongdong)
- Duncheon-dong (고투 둔촌점)
- Eungam-dong (고투 응암점)
- Gangnam Station (고투 강남역점)
- Geumcheon-gu Office (고투 금천구청점)
- Gongdeok (고투 공덕점)
- Gayang-dong (고투 가양점)
- Guro Digital Complex (고투 구로디지털점)
- Guro-gu (고투 구로점)
- Hwagok-dong (고투 화곡점)
- Mullae-dong (고투 문래점)
- Myeongil (고투 명일점)
- Myeonmok (고투 면목점)
- Nonhyeon-dong (고투 논현점 스포츠바)
- Nowon-gu (고투 노원점)
- Sangam Sports Bar (상암점 스포츠바)
- Seolleung (고투 선릉점)
- Seocho (고투 서초점)
- Sinchon (고투 신촌점)
- Suseo-dong (고투 수서점)
- Seoul National University (고투 서울대점)
- Ujangsan (고투 우장산점)
- Yongsan (고투 용산점)
- Yeouido (고투 여의도점)
To view the most updated list of GOTO Fitness gyms in Seoul, click here. (Note that Jeongneung URBAN and Banpo SUB Smart Gym are special branches that are not covered by the Free Pass.)
Featured images from 4TP Fitness (L) and GOTO Fitness (R). Also read: Namsan Seoul Tower: Entrance Fee & Visiting at Night