Get an extra ₩3,000 discount coupon for your fruit picking experience in Jeju when you download the WAUG app here! 🎊
- Mandarin picking in Jeju is one of the activities that you shouldn’t miss, especially if you’ll travel during the winter season.
- If you plan to stay or visit in Seogwipo, visit Choi Nam Dan Orange Farm. They offer a tangerine-picking experience, which you can book here for only ₩4,900!
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 booking platform from Korea that you can use to book exciting activities, attractions, and restaurants. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here, sign up, and get an extra ₩3,000 or $3 coupon for your first booking! 🎉
Explore more: How to Book a Rental Car in Jeju Island: Guide & Deals
Experience Mandarin Orange Picking in Jeju Island
Fruit picking in Jeju may seem like a simple activity for some, but there’s a lot of culture and history behind it. For hundreds of years, Jeju Island has been producing 40 different kinds of oranges, which were once considered food for the royalty. Getting to try mandarins was a luxury in the past, and they were treated with high regard especially with its superb sweet taste.
Nowadays, sampling Jeju’s citrus fruits has become a sought-after activity for many local and foreign visitors. If you’re visiting the island especially during the cold season, make sure to stop by any of the following farms to experience Mandarin orange picking in Jeju:
1. Jeju Farm (제주농원)
Jeju Farm is a simple and homey attraction where you can harvest some of the island’s best mandarins. The farm is not as big as others, but a lot of locals find the place quite charming. Aside from their beautiful rows of orange trees, you can find various photo zones where you can take pictures to commemorate your trip! Their fruit-picking experience also comes with sampling, so you’ll get to know how the fruit tastes like.
Mandarin picking at Jeju Farm starts at only ₩700 or $0.65 per person. If you want to bring home the fruits of your labor, they also offer options that’ll let you take up to 5kg of oranges!
- Price range: ₩700-10,000 per person
- Recommended activity: Admission + 1kg Take-away / 1인 감귤체험입장(무한시식)+1kg포장
- Address: Seoseong-il-ro, Seongsan-eup, Seogwipo-si 901
- Hours: 9am-7pm (last admission before 5pm)
2. Choi Nam Dan Orange Farm (최남단 감귤체험)
If you’re looking for a bigger farm in Jeju that offers other activities aside from fruit-picking, come visit Choi Nam Dan Orange Farm in Seogwipo! They are a large eco-friendly theme park that offers various experiences, including orange-picking, jam-making, citrus soap-making, and an ecological experience. The farm offers a rural experience, so you’ll also get to meet adorable animal residents!
- Price range: ₩4,900-11,900 for Jeju mandarin picking
- Recommended activity: Tangerine Picking Experience + 1kg Take-away / 노지귤체험(시식포함)+1kg포장 and Monorail
- Address: 164 Namwinamsan-ro, Namwon-eup, Seogwipo-si
- Hours: 10am-7pm (last admission before 6pm)
How to Book Jeju Mandarin Orange Picking Experiences on WAUG
If you’re unfamiliar with booking activities online, just follow these steps:
- Log in or sign up for an account here. (New WAUG users get a $3 or ₩3,000 discount coupon 🎉)
- Proceed to the booking page of your preferred fruit-picking farm in Jeju.
- Select the date, option, and quantity.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX. (Switch the currency to KRW to see other options like Naver Pay and mobile payment.)
- Wait for your voucher on the WAUG app, which you can download below: