Feeling burned out? Visit this spa near Hongdae for a relaxing Thai Massage in Seoul! 😌
Where to Get a Relaxing Massage in Seoul
Whether you’re a foreign resident in Korea who needs to relieve some stress or a tourist who’s experiencing travel fatigue, you have plenty of spa options in Seoul for a superior massage treatment. Below are our recommendations based on the sites that our local and foreign users like most, the appeal of the massage room or space, and accessibility. Moreover, we listed the spas that you can book at a discount, which means you get to lower the cost if you’re thinking about getting a premium treatment! (New users get extra ₩3,000 or $3 off first booking 🥳)
1. Good Morning Spa in Dongdaemun
First on our list is a spa in Good Morning City, which is one of the largest shopping malls in South Korea. Easily accessible, this is the perfect massage spot to visit after a tiring day at work or from touring. Good Morning Spa (굿모닝약손) offers two signature treatments that foreigners love: the Sports Massage for those suffering from back and body pains; and the Aromatherapy Massage for those looking for a rejuvenating massage with essential oil. Here’s a review from one of our users:
“[It] was a great experience! I appreciated a lot the feet bath at the beginning of the session. Then, the massage was incredible, it helped me a lot with the muscle and bone pain I had. it was very great and nice people. I recommend to have a massage here. I will come again next time.”
Review for Good Morning Spa by ja********** (2022 Mar 10)
- Treatment: Sports Massage & Aromatherapy Massage
- Price: starts at ₩28,000 on WAUG (vs. regular rate of ₩50,000)
- Address: 9/F Good Morning City, 247, Jangchungdan-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Hours: Open everyday from 11am-2am (next day)
First time to book on WAUG? You’ll get an extra ₩3,000 or $3 discount coupon! 🎉
2. Spa Hurijae in Seorae Village
Located on the prominent French village in Seoul is Spa Hurijae, a premium spa where you can enjoy deep tissue massage and facial therapy. They offer two signature programs: the D-Muscle Pain Spa Therapy, which treats aching joints and muscles; and the V-Line Tightening Facial Therapy for deep-pore cleansing and tightening. Both programs are offered as a comprehensive 60-minute course that is designed to give you a holistic wellness experience. If you want to destress after a tiring day or week at work, this is definitely the best place to visit!
- Services: Body Massage and Facial
- Price Range: ₩55,000 on WAUG (vs. regular rate of ₩183,000)
- Address: B1, Dabin Building, 807-3, Bangbae-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Hours: 10am-10pm on weekdays and 9am-7pm on weekends
3. Hongdae Thai Massage
Recover from burnout when you visit Therapy 4.U Spa near Hongdae (Sangsu Station). Soothe your tired muscles with the 60-minute or 90-minute aromatherapy massage, or book the spa’s signature Thai massage that will take care of the aching back, neck, and shoulders!
- Services: Thai Massage, Aromatherapy Massage
- Price Range: starts at ₩29,000
- Address: 3/F 403-17 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Hours: Open daily from 10 AM-10 PM
4. CheongKwanJang Spa 1899 in Gangnam
What makes Spa 1899 a preferred massage place by locals and, recently, a growing number of tourists is their Red Ginseng treatment. Using products from the CheongKwanJang brand, the oldest and most reputable ginseng manufacturer in South Korea, they provide a soothing experience that promotes skin restoration and improved blood circulation. This massage place in Seoul is also known for their warm and friendly service, so expect a very pleasant experience on your visit.
- Services: Body Massage, Facial Massage, Foot Massage, and combination
- Price Range: ₩106,480-261,360 or $96-235
- Address: KT&G Tower B2F, 1002 Daechi-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Hours: 9:30am-11pm
5. Karahill Massage in Jamsil
If you’re traveling to Korea with a plan to spend a day in Lotte World, there’s a nearby massage place that can rescue you if ever your legs start to hurt. It’s a massage place in Seoul that offers an authentic Thai massage, and you can choose to avail a relaxing 60-minute or a 90-minute package. Karahill Massage is also open 24 hours, which means you can pop in anytime for that well-deserved treatment.
- Services: Thai Massage, Aroma Massage, and Foot Massage
- Price Range: ₩25,000-60,000 or $23-54
- Address: 3rd Floor, Eungseung Building, 3, Baekjegobun-ro 7-gil, Songpa-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Hours: 24/7
6. Bone Healing Massage in Sangam
Staying in Mapo-gu, particularly in and around Hongdae or Hapjeong? You can visit Bone Healing Massage in Sangam, which offers aroma and section massages. Their facility feels very intimate and cozy, so you’ll definitely feel your stress level drop as you enter. Bone Healing Massage also currently has a 5-star rating on WAUG, so make sure to visit if you need some time of pampering!
- Services: Full Body Massage, Aroma Massage, and Section Massage
- Price Range: ₩29,900-60,000 or $27-54
- Address: 352-16, World Cup buk-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Hours: 24/7
7. Spo Therapy Spa in Sinchon
Suffering from severe and prolonged pain in your neck and shoulder? Visit Spo Therapy Spa in Sinchon and book their Intensive Pain Massage Treatment or their Signature Spo Therapy (full-body sports massage). The massage services offered here are reasonably priced, and they also have a couple’s massage starting at only ₩75,000 (or around ₩37,500 per person!).
- Services: Special Acupressure Massage, Intensive Pain Massage Treatment, Spo Therapy (Sports Massage)
- Price Range: ₩38,000-60,000 or $32-54 for 1-hour treatments
- Address: B2, 8 Baekbeom-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Hours: Monday-Saturday: 11:00 AM – 09:00 PM
8. Root Spa in Sinchon
Rejuvenate your body with the rhythmic strokes of the Lomilomi massage combined with Swedish massage techniques. Soothe your aching back and provide comfort to your body with this special massage combination!
- Services: Lomi-Swedish Massage (Back only) & Lomi-Swedish Massage (Full body)
- Price Range: ₩50,000-130,000 or $42-110
- Address: 3F, Yeonghwa Building, 135 Seogang-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Hours: Open 24/7 including holidays
9. Oriental Healing Cafe in Myeongdong
Finally, a massage place in Myeongdong! If you’re looking for a nice chair massage after a week of working or just want to rest after shopping, then you can book your visit to Oriental Healing Cafe. They have a quiet and relaxing space where you can enjoy a chair massage, followed by a chill time in their cafe with a drink. Perfect for friends or couples who are looking for some me-time together!
- Services: 50-minute chair massage
- Price Range: ₩9,900-15,900 or $9-14
- Address: 1, Toegye-ro 14-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Hours: 10am-8pm (closed on Sundays)
How to Book a Massage in Seoul
If you’re unfamiliar with booking activities online, just follow these 5 simple steps:
- Log in or sign up for WAUG here. (New users get an extra $3 or ₩3,000 discount! 🎉)
- Find your preferred massage place here.
- Select the date and provide other participant information.
- Check out using your Visa, Mastercard, or AMEX.
- Wait for your voucher/s that we’ll send through the WAUG app.
Find more spas in Seoul
View all the best massage spots below: