The negative COVID-19 PCR test result must have been issued by a designated hospital within 48 hours before the departure flight.
- Starting July 20, all Filipinos and foreigners in the Philippines (including transfer passengers) who will travel to or transit in South Korea must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result.
- The document must have been obtained from a designated hospital within 48 hours before the flight.
- South Korea’s health authorities announced on July 10 that a negative COVID-19 test result will be required for arrivals from high-risk countries.
- If you’ll travel to Korea soon, you can stay connected by booking this prepaid SIM card for pick-up in Incheon airport.
Explore more: South Korea’s Enhanced Travel Requirements Amid COVID-19
Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required for Travelers from the Philippines
Beginning Monday, July 20, all foreigners who will travel to Korea from the Philippines — including transfer passengers — must present a negative COVID-19 PCR Test Result, the Korean Embassy in Manila announced July 16. The requirement was made due to the “many cases in which COVID-19 has been confirmed from those who entered Korea…from the Philippines.”
Travelers will still have to undergo the mandatory quarantine (whether at home or in a government-designated facility) and submit to testing within 3 days from their arrival in Korea. (Read: What’s Quarantine in Korea Like?)
Last week, Korean health authorities announced that they will require a negative COVID-19 result from arrivals from high-risk countries. They did not disclose the list for diplomatic reasons but noted that they will revise the list weekly depending on the health situation in the identified countries.
Designated Hospitals for COVID-19 Swab Testing
If you’ll travel to Korea from the Philippines soon, you may proceed to any of the following hospitals for testing (note that your result must come out negative and must have been issued within 48 hours before the flight):
- St Luke’s Medical Center – Taguig
- St Luke’s Medical Center – Quezon City
- Makati Medical Center
- Manila Doctors Hospital
- The Medical City – Pasig City
- The Medical City – Clark
- Lung Center of the Philippines
- Baguio Medical Center
- PRI Medical Center
Korea travel ideas
If you have plans to visit Korea in the future (or if you’re currently in Korea doing quarantine!), consider booking the following to make your stay worthwhile:
- [Restaurant] Han River Chavit Cuisine Buffet
- [Activity] Ganghwa Seaside Resort Luge + Gondola Ticket
- [Pub] Hongdae Joseon Era Pub
- [Attraction] Coex Aquarium Ticket
- [Tour] Jeju Island Bus Tour
Here’s the relevant Facebook post announcement from the Embassy of Korea in the Philippines: