Planning a trip to Seoul? Make sure to get a Korea Travel Card, a prepaid card just like T-Money that you can use to pay for transportation fares. Book one for less than $4 here 🇰🇷
- Get a Mobile Discover Seoul Pass and enjoy admission to the best attractions in Seoul! Book a 24-hour pass starting at only $39 here.
- Thinking about booking a SIM card in Korea, an AREX train ticket, shuttle to Everland, and a hanbok rental voucher? Simply book this Go City Seoul All-Inclusive Card and enjoy all these perks as well as admission to the likes of Lotte World, N Seoul Tower, Aqua Planet 63, and more.
- For a comfortable stay in Incheon Airport Terminal 2 as you await your flight back home, make sure to book a Matina Gold Lounge Pass here.
Must-Have Travel & Transportation Cards in Seoul
Credit: Go City Korea
From stunning traditional palaces, modern landmarks, and breathtaking sceneries, to transportation, tours, and SIM cards, there’s just a lot you need to consider to book a trip to South Korea. To simplify your planning, we have below the most popular travel and tourist cards in Seoul that will not only give you access to transportation and attractions, but also save you some money!
1. Mobile Discover Seoul Pass
Let’s start with the most popular travel card in Korea: the Discover Seoul Pass. This is an all-in-one pass that will not only let you uncover the best attractions in Seoul, but also score you discounts to a wide variety of venues and activity centers. By getting this pass, you can enjoy free admission to over 65 attractions, including the following:
- Gyeongbokgung (Gyeongbok Palace)
- Deoksu Palace
- Korean Folk Village
- Seodaemun Prison History Hall
- Leeum Museum of Art
- MUSEUM KIMCHIKAN
- N Seoul Tower
- 63 Square
- Alive Museum
- COEX Aquarium
- Colorpool Museum
You’ll also get a one-way AREX (Airport Railroad Express) ticket that you can use to go to Seoul from Incheon Airport, among many other perks.
The mobile version of the Discover Seoul Pass is available on for 24, 48, & 72 hours and starts at less than $40!
2. Korea Travel Card
If you’re planning to get T-Money so you can travel in Seoul like locals do, you’d better off getting the Korea Travel Card. This is a prepaid transportation pass that you can use to pay for your subway, bus, and cab fares. It can also be used to pay for your purchases in convenience stores, movie theaters, restaurants, and cafes — perfect if you don’t have a debit/credit card and you’ll visit stores that don’t accept cash anymore (cashless stores). Here are some of the places where you can use this prepaid card:
- Trains & subway lines in Seoul, Gyeonggi, Incheon, Daejeon, and more
- Buses nationwide
- AK Plaza
- Hanaro Mart
- Coffee Bean
- Krispy Kreme
- Shops in attractions like Lotte World & Everland
What’s more, the Korea Travel Card has a dedicated mobile app so you can easily check the balance of your card and even add credits on it.
The Korea Travel Card only costs around $3.85 and you can easily add money to it at the subway station ticketing machine or at the convenience store.
3. Go City® Seoul All-Inclusive Pass
Now if you want to get the most out of your money, the Go City Seoul All-Inclusive Pass is your best bet! This tourist card not only comes with admission to the best attractions in the Korean capital, but you also get transportation perks and even an 14-day SIM card. Check out all the activities and services you can enjoy by purchasing a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5-day Go City® Seoul All-Inclusive Pass:
- 14-day Korean SIM Card
- 63 Art Observatory Deck & Aqua Planet 63 Combo Ticket
- Alive Museum
- Coconut Box and Love Museum
- Colorpool Museum
- Cookin’ Nanta Musical Comedy Show
- Dark Side of Seoul: Ghostlore and Urban Legends Walking Tour
- Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) Tour from Seoul
- Dynamic Maze
- Everland Shuttle Bus (Round-Trip from Seoul)
- Han River Cruise (Afternoon or Sunset Cruise)
- Hop-on Hop-off: 1-Day Yellow Balloon City Tour Bus
- Ikseon Boutique Retro Outfit Rental
- Incheon Airport Express Train (One Way)
- K-Pop Hollywood Tour
- Korea Folk Village
- Lotte World and Folk Museum (All-In-One Theme Park Combo Ticket)
- N Seoul Tower
- Nami Island Ferry Ticket (Round-Trip)
- Nami Island Shuttle Bus (Round-Trip)
- Ring-making Class (Hongdae branch)
- Ring-making Class (Myeongdong branch)
- School Uniform Rental near Everland
- School Uniform Rental near Lotte World
- Seoul Land Combo Pass (Seoul Land, Seoul Zoo & 1-Way Cable Car Ride)
- Seoul Pub Crawl (Hongdae)
- Seoul Pub Crawl (Itaewon)
- The Dark Side of Seoul Ghost Walking Tour
- Traditional Korean Costume/Hanbok Rental (Changdeok Palace)
- Traditional Korean Costume/Hanbok Rental (Gyeongbok Palace)
The Go City All-Inclusive Card in Seoul regularly starts at $65, but you can book all options on WAUG below with up to 12% discount!
4. Go City® Seoul Explorer Pass
Not planning to visit all the attractions in Seoul but only a few? If you think the Go City® Seoul All-Inclusive Pass or Mobile Discover Seoul Pass is a lot for your trip, you can opt to get the Go City® Seoul Explorer Pass. This is a tourist pass in South Korea that lets you pick 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 tours and attractions in Seoul that you can visit within a 60-day period. (To compare, the All-Inclusive Pass gives you access to all available attractions for 1-5 days). The partner attractions that you can choose from are almost similar to the All-Inclusive Pass, so you can use the Explorer option to enter N Seoul, Lotte World, Korean Folk Village, Colorpool Museum, and a lot more!
5. Incheon International Airport (T2) Matina Lounge Pass
Last but not least, we recommend getting an airport lounge pass that you can use at Incheon Airport. If the idea of relaxing at the airport after a long and tiring trip excites you, then you need get this pass if your flight departs from Terminal 2. With this pass, you not only get access to a comfortable place for resting, you can also enjoy delicious hot meals, treats, and unlimited wine! Book a Matina Lounge Pass below for only $23 — discounted from the regular price of $37!
How to Book a Transportation & Tourist Card in Korea on WAUG
WAUG, short for “Where are u going?”, is the leading activity booking app from South Korea. If it’s your first time to book, download the app below and get an instant discount coupon that you can use on your first booking!
- Log in or sign up for an account here.
- Select the pass that you’d like to book.
- Choose the date, option, and quantity.
- Check out using your card.
- Receive your voucher on the WAUG app or via email.