- Yongpyong Ski Resort in Gangwon-do, which hosted the 2018 Winter Olympics, has over 28 slopes and 15 lifts.
- Need to rent some equipment and apparel? Visit this store that offers premium and more affordable options.
- WAUG (와그) is the No. 1 booking platform from South Korea that you can use to book attractions, resorts, restaurants, and activities. If you’re not a member yet, download the app here, sign up, and get an extra ₩3,000 coupon instantly! 🎉
What to Love About Yongpyong Ski Resort
Whether you have mad love for winter sports or just starting out, you can definitely have a great time in Yongpyong Ski Resort. Considered by many locals and foreigners as the best resort in Gangwon-do, Yongpyong houses 28 slopes, 15 lifts, and 1 gondola in its approximately 17 million sq. m-complex! There are 4 slopes for total beginners and 11 for advanced, so you can ski or board without worrying about getting in the way of the crowd. (The resort’s maximum capacity is 20,000 people!) What’s more is that Yongpyong Resorts gets an average of 2.5 meters of snowfall every year, so you can expect excellent ground conditions on your visit.
If you’re planning a trip to Yongpyong Ski Resort, make sure to book your lift tickets, equipment, and apparel. Here are some options that you can book at a discounted price:
Equipment Rental Store for Yongpyong Ski Resort
Don’t have the gear for skiing or snowboarding? No problem! You can visit Alps Rental Store near the resort. Book their ski or board equipment on WAUG here for only ₩9,900 or $9.3 vs. Yongpyong’s regular rates of ₩33,000 or $30 for daytime rentals!
Clothing Rental Store for Yongpyong Ski Resort
Aside from equipment, you can also rent the latest apparel at Alps. Since they make it a point to wash and disinfect all their clothing (and equipment) regularly, you can hit the slopes with confidence! Apparel rental at Yongpyong Resort costs ₩25,000 or $23, but you can book on WAUG below starting at ₩9,900 or $9.3:
Yongpyong Ski Resort Price Guide & Deals from WAUG
For reference, here’s a summary of the rates for the lift tickets, clothing, and gear rental:
|YONGPYONG SKI RESORT|
|Equipment + Clothes||₩58,000||₩18,900-29,000|
|Helmet, Guard, |
How to Book the Yongpyong Ski Resort Tickets & Rental Vouchers
- Log in or sign up for a WAUG account here.
- Proceed to the booking page of the Yongpyong Ski Resort Lift Ticket here or Alps Rental Shop here.
- Select the date, option, and quantity.
- Check out with your card. (Set the page’s currency to KRW to activate other payment options, like Naver Pay and mobile payment!)
- Wait for your vouchers on the WAUG app, which you can download below:
How to Get to Yongpyong Ski Resort from Seoul
Yongpyang Ski Resort is located in 232-950 715, Olympic-ro, Daegwanryeong-myeon, Pyeongchang- gun, Gangwon-do, Korea. The travel time from Seoul via bus is 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours and 30 minutes. One-way bus tickets usually cost an average of ₩15,000.
To see the live conditions at Yongpyong Ski Resort, check out their webcam footage page here.
Featured images from @yongpyong.co.k on Facebook.